Saturday, February 14, 2009

Overwhelmed, Blessed, and Sleeping In

I just received my packet of new hire information from KU. Not exactly the package I wanted to receive from FEDEX on Valentine's Day, but what are you gonna do? Inside contained my new hire orientation schedule, direct deposit form, my lengthy job description, a HUGE brochure on parking alone which left me, well, completely overwhelmed. My recruiter did however forget to include the parking form and map for the Westwood Campus (I am presuming this is the campus in which the Cancer Center resides, and yes, I do feel stupid for not even being entirely sure of this). I emailed her to let her know that I was missing that, especially since my orientation schedule said to be sure to have this so that I may obtain a vey important sticker for my car. I receive an automatic reply stating that she will not be in her office Monday, so hopefully I will get a hold of her before the end of the week.

My friend Catie, who also works at KU , and of course helped me find this great job opportunity went through much of the same worries and anxiety as I am starting to feel as well. Her posts about this have helped me work through my anxiety. I know that she will be a rock for me when I truly need it. Thank you!!!

But right now, I feel very lost in it all. The parking alone has got me feeling very anxious. And while I do realize I will get used to it, as we all seem to do, I do remember Catie saying something about parking being a nightmare. Ugh.

What I am excited about is having yet one more week without responsibilities. Now this doesn't mean that I can allow myself to be irresponsible (i.e., going out and spending lots of money that I will soon not have), it just means that I get to sleep in, go to bed late, and take advantage of the things that I will not be able to do once I start my new job. Ahh, the good life.

1 comment:

catie said...

Yeah, parking sucks the big one...but, once you get into the groove it's not so bad. Fortunately, by the time you actually start doing your job, parking will be the one thing you've mastered!! : )