Monday, February 23, 2009

And On the Eighth Week. . .

she went back to work.


I am happy to report that I had a very successful first day at KUMED! While I didn't "work" today, I do feel that I definitely earned some paid time. Orientation with KUMED is definitely arduous to say the least. Not only did I just finish a tedious process of post-offer/pre-first day on the job (i.e., drug test, physical, getting BLS certified for healthcare providers {CPR} , online paperwork, etc), it is now a very long and lengthy orientation. I know all of this informtion is very important for my time that will be spent working here; believe me, I'm taking lots of notes. But it does eerily feel like my first day college, one small fish in a very LARGE ocean.

Speaking of college, you would think that with such a long day and it being very intimidating that going back to school would be the last thing on my mind. When actually, I found myself thinking of how nice it would be to go back and get my Masters or even go to nursing school. Right now, I just feel like the possibilities for me are endless, and that feels absolutely wonderful!

Oh, and I did manage to successfully park in the correct parking lot, walk the two blocks to get to my destination and get there 10 minutes early. Not so bad for the first day, seems how this was the part that was causing me the most anxiety.

I can't wait to see how the rest of the week turns out. Even though I am so excited to have structure back in my life and a reason to wear my "business casual" outfits again, I do believe I will be thankful for the weekend when it arrives.

One last thing. . .I received both my new Kansas DL and Social Security card in the mail today. I am a Meadows again and could not be happier!

1 comment:

Lady and Tater said...

Congratulations on your 1st day at work and at your new "old" identity. I hope this turns out to be a wonderful adventure for you!!!