Thursday, January 29, 2009

Frustrated

I've now tried to contact the unemployment office 3 times since I was laid off. And every time, I of course can't speak to someone and have to go through the automated questionnaire. (I also HAVE to apply by phone due to the fact that I was employed by 2 different states in the past 18 mos, they just won't let you do it any other way b/c of that!) And now, everytime that I have made it through the 13 minute average call, at the end they have either told me 1) due to a high number of people already on hold, we suggest that you call back at a later time, or visit our website at blah blah blah.gov or 2) 3 minutes past 4 o'clock mind you, now that you have finished the first part of the application, you must speak to a representative to finish. . .our office is currently closed at this time (they close at 4 o'clock, you would think people would be working overtime right now!), we suggest that you call back at a later time or visit our website at blah blah blah.gov.

I would like to call back, I would like to do the responsible thing and go ahead and line up unemployment in case I don't find a job past my severance pay, but apparently, no time is good to call.

Back to the job search. . .

1 comment:

ROBBIE THE ROBOT said...

Yeah that sucks. That is part of the reason I didn't mess with that when I was laid off. You will get a job soon enough. When you do start to interview just try and do a better job that this guy... http://vimeo.com/2558470