Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Dreaded Apartment Search

So here's the dilemma. . .I love the apartment that I'm in right now. It has ample storage in every single room (if only you could see my closet!), it has a great layout, and is quite large. Now that I'm downsizing I'm realizing how much I'm going to miss my apartment. I won't miss the actual apt complex (really bad parking, NO amenities except for a dinky pool, not to mention the not so friendly staff). If I decide to stay here in this complex b/c I've decided that my apt is just that great, then that means one HUGE problem: Baxter will be out of the family. I obviously can't have Baxter here anymore since he's over the weight limit and I already got in trouble once, which is why he's in OK with my parents. And also, if I decide that I can't take him back, then mom and dad can't keep him either. It's just too much for them since they already have another dog (which used to be my brother's; they somehow keep inheriting pets).

And what's to say that when I do bring him back he'll hate it here, even if I take him to the dog park every single day? I just don't know what to do. I love him and miss him so much and would like to think that he thinks the same of me enough to go back to apartment living. But I just don't know.

I've looked at apartments that are ok; I've looked at apartments that have absolutely incredible amenities (i.e. DOG PARK, movie theater, fitness rooms, pool, etc) but the apt wasn't ideal. I'm trying to come to terms with living in a smaller space if I want to save money AND have Baxter. Somehow, I just can't get a bigger apt for the same amount that I'd pay here for a one bedroom, but also take large dogs.

Seriously. . .does it really have to be this difficult?

No comments: